Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Few Things...

A few random things on this Saturday night.

Once again, no smile from Micah!


First, we won our playoff game today which means we advance to the Super Bowl next week. I know, I know this blog has slightly become a tad football-obsessed these past few months. But with me coaching cheer, my daughter cheering, my son playing football, and my husband coaching two football teams, football has pretty much consumed our entire life since July 31st (the day we started practicing).

It's been so all-consuming that Micah and I are a little concerned with what we are going to do once the season is over. I mean, we are at the field four days a week (Micah is there seven days a week!), what will we do with ourselves? I don't even remember what life was like before the season???

Second, I really love our community. I have said it a million times before, but I really love the people here. A lot. We went to a little Halloween gathering after our game today at a friend's farm, and it was so wonderful to see the kids playing together like country kids do, and I was reminded how much I love the simplicity of this quiet town.



Third, I really love my kids. Maybe even entirely too much. Can you love your kids too much? I don't know. But I just adore them.



Fourth, we had a million things to do today, like slaughter a few older hens, and rake leaves, and everything else that needs to get done on the weekends. But I think spending the day at the football field and then an evening with friends was a much better way to spend our Saturday. So the chickens live another day.

For now.

Fifth, there is a huge storm coming our way. I kind of feel the need to rush out and buy milk and bread and toilet paper because that's what you do when a storm is coming right, you stock up on necessities??? In my case though, I think my necessities are more along the lines of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and Dr. Pepper. But whatever, same difference. A storm is coming, and I feel slightly unprepared.

Lastly, I am thankful my friend came through her cancer surgery just fine. She still has a long road of radiation ahead of her, but the good Lord has seen her this far, and He'll see her through the rest.

I hope you had a wonderful Saturday too. :)

~ Sarah ~



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are living life. Congrats on football. Good luck with the storm. Enjoy buchering the chickens. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?