Friday, October 19, 2012

Dear Cancer, I Hate You

It's been a crap couple of days. There I said it.



I try and keep this blog upbeat and positive and farm-like, but there are times when I just can't.

I have told you on several occasions how my husband's father had succumbed to cancer. He underwent numerous chemo treatments over the summer (after they initially told him there would be no treatment and his life span wasn't long) and we were hopeful because he was feeling better and we all had been praying.

But his cancer is growing again.

And then I get a call from my mom saying that my uncle has died from pancreatic cancer. And then I get an email from my closest friend in the world saying that she has thyroid cancer. And then my sister-in-law tells me that her father has to have an operation to remove a pre-cancerous growth. And then another sister-in-law had her cancer removed this past spring.

And it occurs to me how much I hate cancer. And I mean hate cancer. I hate how it affects everyone. Everyone is somehow plagued whether by immediate family, close friend, or co-worker. I hate how detrimental it is to families. I hate how every little bump or mole or anything makes me want to run to the doctor and have it checked out.

It's running wild and I can't understand why. I've been a Christan my whole life and I'd like to think that everything happens for a reason.

But I don't get this. I don't understand why good people, or children, or young mothers are exposed to this medical condition. I just simply hate everything about it.

So please if you can, pray for my father-in-law. And my friend Heather. And every other cancer stricken person.

And dear cancer, I hate you.

2 comments:

  1. :( praying for you! You know, I lost my dad to cancer almost 9 years ago - he was the most Godly, loveable person you ever would want to meet. It is hard to understand why cancer affects someone with so much to give to this world - however, I also know that we live in a sin-cursed world because of Adam and Eve's sin in the garden. Sickness and disease are one of the results of that sin! A verse that I have come to love is Isaiah 57:1-2. It basically says that perhaps the righteous are taken, even when we don't understand, to protect them from something to come. That gives me comfort to know that perhaps God took my father to Heaven to protect him from something worse that was to happen. I have also learned that God is sovereign, and His way is always best even though I don't understand! I am praying for you, my friend! My heart hurts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep your family and friends in my thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?