Sunday, October 14, 2012

Horses On The Brain

I am writing a story about a local farm who raise American Cream Drafts and I was able to interview the couple today and spend a little time with their 2000 pound equines.



And they are massive.

They were such a fun couple to speak with and I can't wait for the story to run. I really had a good time visiting with the horses too. :)

I remember as a child asking my parents every Christmas for a pony.

I never got one.

Apparently you can't have a horse on a 1/2 acre lot in the middle of San Diego.




So that's one of the reasons we have Lucky. He is my first horse ever and I love him to pieces. As the kids grow, we'll add a pony and then a full size horse to our little farm, but for now, Lucky Irish is a good start.

Anyway, after the interview, the kids and I went to a friend's birthday party. I love this family too (they are horse enthusiasts) and their party was such a fun time. I think they had 40 pounds of candy in their pinata! Yikes.

Like a dummy, I didn't bring my camera, but they had these beautiful horse cupcakes that the birthday girls' grandmother made. I really should have taken a photo with my phone, but I was too busy trying to keep my 3 year old from destroying one of the bounce houses. Anywho, my daughter talked about the cupcakes all the way home, and she wants to have them for her birthday too.

Well... I have never claimed to be a cake decorator, but I have always made my kids cakes, despite my lackluster skills, but I am debating whether or not I should pass the baton this year and let someone else have a go so that my daughter's cake, well, actually looks like a horse.

Her birthday is in a month so I have a little time to figure it out, but she wants a horse theme, the same theme she has wanted for the past two years. Last year, we did Princess My Little Ponies, and it was cute, but again, my cake was less than stellar.

Despite my inability to decorate a cake, today was still a good day.

With lots of horses on the brain.

~ Sarah ~

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and am looking forward to following it. You must have a very busy life with so many animals. I do some gardening but we don't have the space for farm animals. Wish we did but for now I will just visit your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?