Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Winter Accessory Check

I have been having such a wonderful, lazy Sunday with my sweet little family. We heard a great message today about how our words affect others. Which I know in my head, but don't always put into practice very well. My little girl and I made chocolate chip cookies and now my kids are playing with play-doh while watching football and I am sitting here with a crochet hook in my hand and a smile on face.

Last winter was very, very mild. I can't imagine we'll have two mild winters in a row so I want to ensure that my family and their heads and necks and bodies will be nice and toasty with the cooler weather (hence the crochet hook in my hand.)



I made two beanies for each family member last year, but somehow both my boys lost one of theirs each. Bummer. I started a new hat for my little guy last night and I should finish it within the next day or two. As long as there is nothing exciting on the boob tube.

Or as long as I have finished the newest book I downloaded to my Kindle.

Or as long as I don't want to go to bed early. ;)

This is her serious face. :)



Anyway, I finished up two thick headbands for my daughter. She has a lot of hair to keep her head warm and isn't a huge fan of hats  anyway, so I think I'll make her a few more of these to keep her ears warm.

They are really easy to make and I didn't even use a pattern. I just used a simple double crochet stitch and attached the two ends with a single crochet stitch. It took me all of thirty minutes to make each one so I might make her one to match every outfit she owns.

No, I'm kidding.

Kind of.

Anyway, my boys don't wear scarfs (even though I lovingly crocheted them all one for Christmas last year) so I think I'll crochet another cowl for my daughter and I.



A new beanie for Micah  to go along with the one I made him last year and a nice big chunky sweater for my little girl and I think I'll have my family and their winter accessories covered.

Maybe.

Happy Sunday afternoon to you!

'She selects wool and flax and works with willing hands...' Proverbs 31:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?