Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Thankful Heart

I wrote my first 'thankful' post two years ago on the eve of Thanksgiving. I was sitting at my computer late one evening and I was so full of gratitude. I wrote a post back in 2010. And that post inspired my weekly postings of 'Thankful Tuesday.'

I often miss posting each week (life gets busy and I get tired) but I try and wake up each morning on the right side of bed while counting all my many blessings. I try and remember that we are suppose to go through life with a thankful heart.

Today I'm thankful that I was able to share and early Thanksgiving last night with my Aunt Janet and Uncle Ron. They were my parents best friends and they have been in my life for as long as I can remember. They live in Minnesota now so we don't get to see them much, but I have so many fond memories of my childhood spent with them and it was wonderful to sit and hang out with them last night.

I'm thankful I was able to knock out some Christmas shopping this morning for my family. I have also finished four gifts already. I'm really, really trying to enjoy the holidays and not get caught up in all the hustle and bustle.



I'm thankful for my three crazy kids. We attempted to take a Christmas card photo last night. You can see how successful it was. :)



I'm thankful for this life I am living.



I'm thankful for the ability to grow our own vegetables and butcher our own meat. It's a lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

As always, I'm really thankful for stretch leggings. Really thankful. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?