Saturday, November 17, 2012

In The Nick of Time



I was getting a little worried. This was our freezer just last week. We have five chickens left, a few ham steaks, a neck bone for soup. I have plenty of canned goods and frozen vegetables I had put up over the summer (in our kitchen freezer though) so side dishes are not a problem, but I was having a hard time trying to figure out to what to serve as a main dish for dinner. We have been eating lots of eggs for dinner, and I whip up pancakes to go along with them, but we were all tired of breakfast for dinner.

Holy crap, Micah is smiling in this picture!!!




So it was a huge relief when Micah came home with this bad boy. Just in the nick of time too.

My heart leapt for joy! The good Lord provided not one, but two deer for him to harvest.

Here's our freezer now before the hog.

He's back at it again right now so we may actually run out of room in our freezer after we butcher one of our hogs!

Just a few wild rabbits and maybe a turkey and we'll be good through the winter for meat until we can order spring chickens and harvest them.

Thank goodness for hunting season. :)

~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how God provides? His timing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?