Saturday, November 10, 2012

Someone Is Six

My little girl turned the big six today! I was looking through pictures the other day and I just can't believe how time has flown. It feels like just yesterday she was a little tiny baby and now she's off to school and growing up entirely too fast.




She couldn't wait to open up presents so we did it right after lunch. Why not, it's her birthday right? She asked for new barbies and chapstick. (I love that she is easy and her requests are always so cheap!) I crocheted her a few more headbands and a new scarf and this country girl needed some new country girl boots.




For all the duck and chicken wrangling she might be called up to do...



... and when she rides Mr.Lucky Irish, who also happens to be celebrating too. We bought him one year ago this month. Yay! And we love him to pieces. :)

After opening presents she wanted to play in the leaves.





And we have acres full of leaves. I guess that's what happens when you live under all these trees.

After rolling around in the leaves, a few of her buddies came over for a sleepover. She wanted to do this instead of a big party, which was alright with me. We're doing a big family celebration next week, so I was thrilled to keep it simple this week.



All in all it's been a great day, and I am so thankful for this little slice of heaven I call my daughter. She is such a sweet and smart young lady. She likes to keep me on my toes though!

Hope you had a great Saturday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?