Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I have been slacking in the whole Thankful Tuesday department lately which is ironic since it is the month of Thanksgiving and all, but you know how it goes, you just get busy.

And since I didn't get a chance to post anything for Veterans Day, I'd like to thank all the Veterans for their service. In reality though, we should thank them whenever we see them, not just one day a year. If it wasn't for our military, we wouldn't be speaking English, free, or living in a democracy. And probably a lot of other things too.



I'm thankful for my boys. My little girl had a sleepover this weekend, and my sons were so well behaved this weekend. They played nicely with the girls, stayed out of their way when they wanted them too, and allowed their sister to have a special weekend and weren't begging to be the center of attention. I'm just thankful that they are turning out to be such sweet, thoughtful young men.

I have to follow that up with the fact that I am thankful for my daughter too. She keeps me on my toes, that's for sure, and she may be have inherited my-drama-queen-tendencies, but she's a sweetheart and such a blessing.



I'm thankful that Micah still sports the hats I crochet him even when they are plagued with mistakes and I'm too lazy to fix them. And even though he has a this-is-my-you-take-too-many-pictures-face in most of my shots, I'm thankful that Micah puts up with my incessant picture taking.

And I'm thankful for chocolate.

Because chocolate is kind of the most awesome thing ever.

I'm thankful for my community.

I'm thankful my mom taught me to sew. I can't imagine life without being able to mend my own clothes. I'll never be an excellent seamstress, but I can at least fix items when they need to be fixed.

And I'm thankful for chocolate. Did I mention that one already?



I'm thankful that this pink yarn I found on sale seems to be lasting forever. Not only did I make my daughter a thick headband to cover her ears and a scarf and several hair bows, but I had enough to crochet some fingerless gloves for myself.

Because you never know when you are going to need hot pink fingerless gloves. :)

Happy Tuesday to ya'll!

1 comment:

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?