Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Shovel Out The Poo Day

About once a week, I have the joyous privilege of cleaning out the coop and goat stalls. If you have ever owned birds, you know they pretty much poop everywhere. And I do mean everywhere.

I didn't plan on doing this particular chore today, the last day of 2012, but that's just kind of how it all worked out.



I love having the chickens, I really do, but hawt dawg they make a huge mess!



The goats really aren't any cleaner than the chickens and ducks truth be told. But I guess cleaning up after the livestock once a week isn't so bad. With all the daily fresh eggs we get and the goat milk soap I make, I'd say it's worth the trouble.




While I was cleaning up the coop and stalls, my little babies played outside. It made the work much more bearable hearing their laughter as they played together on this chilly winter day.

After cleaning up the poo poo, I thought maybe I should do something profound and think back and reflect on 2012 and all that happened. I thought maybe I should think forward to 2013 and set a few goals for myself and decide how I can be a better person. I thought maybe I should thank the good Lord above for all His many blessings and all He has done for my family.

But you know what the funny thing about cleaning up poo is? It makes you tired. So instead of being 'deep' I think I'll just go take a nap instead. And then I'll finish off the chips and brownies before any resolutions are made. :)

Happy New Year to you and may your days be less feces filled than mine. :)

~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. I want to wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year! I enjoy you blog and look forward to seeing your achievements in 2013.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?