Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Countdown Continues...

Day 2 of our Christmas break was as equally nice and relaxing as yesterday. I love that my hubby has two weeks off for Christmas (we thought he was going to have to work more, but he was given the full two weeks off!) with the kids so we can all be together.

I may not be singing that same tune in a week, but hey, it's nice for now.

My little girl started feeling icky today so she most of the afternoon on the couch watching Christmas movies. Poor thing.



I had gone to check on her in the midst of my Christmas baking and found my little guy and curled up on the couch next to her and fell asleep. I love that. I almost moved him so she wasn't breathing her germs on him, but I figured he's been exposed already so I might as well let them nap. But I love that they wanted to snuggle together. :)


They look awful, but they taste so good!


Micah took my oldest son and two of his friends hunting today which was so nice for me so I could have time in the kitchen without a million interruptions. I finished up all my Christmas baking and have assembled everything into gift bags so the baked goods actually make it to our neighbors. We have cookies galore (not pictured), chocolate covered pretzels, and mini muffins.

The beginnings of a sweater


And the countdown continues. I think I am way more excited about Christmas than my kids are, but that's alright. I love all the food and recipes, I love having the time off of work and school, and I love getting together with family. I love sitting up at night working on gifts for family and friends. And I love that some 2,000 years ago, we were given the best Christmas present ever.

Happy Thursday to you. :)

~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet picture. Bless their little hearts!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?