Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After

I hope you and your family enjoyed your Christmas as much as we did. We kept it  simple this year. We usually travel, but this year, for the first time in a long time, we spent Christmas Day at our home and had my mom and stepdad down for Christmas dinner. It was nice to be at home and sleep in our own beds on the one hand, but we did miss getting the kids together with all of their cousins. We will travel to see Micah's family at some point in the near future, but for now, we are enjoying
being incredibly lazy at home.





My friend Heather  made this!!!



We kept gifts this year simple too. I have been blogging all along about the things I have been making for family and friends, and amazingly enough I was able to complete all my projects and keep my sanity. Kind of. It's always more fun to give than it is to receive, but it's even more enjoyable to give a gift that you made with your own two hands.



I made the boys new hats and my little girl a purse and of course the sweater I told you about. She loved it and wore it all day. :)

We were able to video chat and talk on the phone with our family and we  made sure to remind the kids why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.



Micah even surprised the kids with a go-cart. After opening all the presents under the tree he snuck out the back door and drove down the road to our neighbor's and picked up their gift. I told them to peek out the window when he pulled up and they were so excited.

Okay nevermind the fact that it has no seat, err Micah is working on that, the kids are thrilled with it and this will be tons of fun once Micah does a little work to it.

And it stops pouring down rain.

I had such a great day yesterday but I am definitely ready to get my home back in order. But up first, we have to celebrate Micah's birthday! I think I might make him one of these for his birthday. And I really wish this man would smile in a picture and act like he somewhat likes me.



And then maybe he'll shave his beard?????Or smile?????

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?