Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Nutcracker And A Hunt Day For Veterans

Yesterday, after Friday's horrific school shootings, we were able to restore a little bit of our faith in society. Early in the morning yesterday, nearly thirty veterans gathered for a hunt day in their honor. Last year was the first hunt and it was a huge success, but this year was even better. I won't divulge too much as most of the details and pictures I am putting in my article for the local newspaper, but nine deer were killed all together, one of them being taken down by a veteran in a wheelchair.



It was amazing to see all the donations pour in to support this event, and it was heart warming to see the community come together to honor and thank those who have selflessly served our country.

Thank you veterans. For all that you do.

While my husband and oldest boy were helping with the hunt, I was with my mom and stepdad and two youngest kids at a viewing of the ballet The Nutcracker. It was amazing. I have been before, but it's been awhile and I really enjoyed this performance. We were able to stay after and meet the cast and enjoy tea and sandwiches.






The afternoon was spent with my family, and although I thought of the community in Connecticut often, The Nutcracker was a good distraction.

As I head off to church this morning I feel blessed beyond measure that my children are alive and well and we had such a wonderful day yesterday. But my heart breaks for Sandy Hook and those affected by this tragedy. I will continue to keep them in my prayers as I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?