Friday, December 14, 2012

Why?

Last night I stayed up late working on a hat for myself. Sadly I am a horrible crochet-er and it's way too small.

Because she can't take a serious photo...



So I gifted it to my daughter. And she loves it.

Back to the yarn store I go and we'll try the whole make-myself-a-slouchie-beanie-thing again. Maybe.

After gifting my little girl with her new green hat, I sent my kids off to school today the same way I do every morning with a hug and a kiss and an 'I love you!'


Baby horse wants to climb too, his trainer won't let him though...


After lunch today my little guy and I headed over to a local farm to do a story about a driving horse clinic they had for the equine club.

All the while my little guy and I were having a good time. We were enjoying the warm December day, and then when we were finished we headed home to get my oldest two kids from school.

I was devastated when I got home and learned of the tragedy that took place in Connecticut today. As a parent, my heart breaks for those families. As a Christan my first thought was to pray for the community. But as a human I felt anger. I felt rage. Why do things happen? Why are children, innocent sweet young children, targeted? We hear of school shootings entirely too often and we blame guns, but guns are not the problem. People are the problem. We live in a sick, cruel world where for some reason people feel the need to kill others.

But why? What kind of a person walks into a school and sees the smiling faces of elementary school children and decides to open fire? What could you possibly be thinking that would justify taking of a child's life?

It pains me to read more about this story. As if parenting weren't worrisome enough, now we have to worry about school shootings!?

I believe in God, I do. But I don't get it. I don't understand why these things happen.

So tonight, hug your kids even tighter, kiss them even longer, and tell the ones you love how much you love them. Because tomorrow is not guaranteed.

And pray for Sandy Hook Elementary School and all those affected by this horrible event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?