Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thankful Tuesday, Errr, I mean Wednesday

I am thankful for Nicholas Sparks. Holy. Crap. That man can write a book. I just finished reading Safe Haven, and oh my, it was good. They are making a movie, and in my feeble opinion, movies are always awful compared to the books, but seeing that the book was so good, I might have to drag the huth-band out to see it with me.

Maybe.



In speaking of the huth-band, I am thankful for him. He's a doll. And I adore him. He lets me sleep in on the weekends, and he has taken over my least favorite household chore: mopping the floors, and he's a wonderful father. And I love him to pieces.


Last year's snow


I'm thankful for the minute possibility that we might actually see some snow tomorrow. We got one little teeny, tiny flurry in December that didn't really count. So I would love to see a few inches that actually stick. Enough so that Micah and I can take the kids out to play in the snow until they are frozen (but happy) and wet and then we can all come inside and warm up by the fire and watch movies and drink hot cocoa and then all can be right with the world.

I'm thankful for a freezer full of meat. Micah and some men from our neighborhood butchered their pigs together on Monday night and we have even more meat now. And I am so thankful for that.

I'm thankful for my Dad. He just celebrated his 60th birthday on January 10th! He doesn't look 60, and certainly doesn't act 60, and I can't believe he is 60! But I am really thankful for him.

I'm thankful for sugar free French Vanilla coffee creamer. Because my day wouldn't be complete without it.

I'm thankful for my friend Renee who loves reading as much as I do and always finds good books and then passes them along to me when she's done reading them. We won't go into detail about the kind of books we're reading. But they're good. Real good.

I hope you have lots to be thankful for too!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?