Monday, January 21, 2013

These Winter Days

It has been a relaxing few days around here. We had a snow day on Friday, and today is a holiday so the kids were home from school/work! In between relaxing though, we managed to accomplish plenty this extended weekend. The stalls needed cleaning, the coop needed a good shoveling out, some bushes needed pruning, and I needed to catch up laundry.





There was also plenty of time for playing in the snow,  and constructing 'food' from play-doh, and visiting with the pigs and their new watering system.




New crochet cowls were created...

..a baby shower was attended, and children's sleepovers were had.

I started a new Nicholas Sparks book on my Kindle too, this one is called The Lucky One, and I somehow managed to force talk Micah into renting it and watching it with me tonight after the kids go to sleep.

I began planning my son's impending eighth birthday too, and found a few new patterns I'd like to try off Ravelry. Which might be my new favorite way to waste time: searching through patterns. Not that I should admit to wasting time or anything...

It's been a good couple of days. I've said it a million times, but I'll continue to say it, I am just so happy with our simple little life. Much was done, and quality family time was spent on these winter days.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?