Monday, February 18, 2013

Crafty Monday {St. Patrick's Day Sign}

I enjoyed a long three day weekend with my little family. Did you? Apparently I was having so much fun that I never got around to posting my 'Going Green on the Farm' post on  Friday. Oops. I'll save what I was going to write for next week.

We received a little snow this weekend which was a joy to wake up to on Saturday. We were worried they would cancel basketball, but alas, they did not. After the game I headed over (with my good friend in tow) to a crochet group. It was a blast! We have a our next group in a few weeks and I am looking forward to it.

Unfortunately church was cancelled on Sunday due to the yucky road conditions, but that's okay, the kids and I kept occupied with a few painting projects, which carried over into Monday as a-day-off-from-school-day-project. Snow days and no school days are good for painting. Well any day is a good day for painting. But that's not the point.Anyway, the kids happily painted with watercolor next to me after their frozen bodies were done playing out in the snow.



With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, I thought I'd paint a little sign in honor of one of my favorite days.



My husband has all these scrap pieces of wood that he uses to start fires with, but I occasionally will borrow a few (okay, a lot) to paint.



Once again, as mentioned in my previous post, I use acrylic paint. You could use a stencil for your signs, but in my opinion it's just as easy to paint the wood free hand.

It was a quick, simple little snow day project and I did a little extra sign, just because, of our last name.




I hope you had a great Monday too. Stay crafty!

~ Sarah ~




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?