Sunday, April 7, 2013

Crafty Monday {Outdoor Wood Projects}

The weather has finally turned! It actually feels like Spring!!! I'm just going to keep writing and typing a bunch of exclamation points!!!!!!!

Okay. That was immature. I'm sorry.





My point is, that it has been too nice weather wise to stay indoors, so we spent most of the weekend outside. The ducks and chickens were happy too!

 I did the usually cleaning up of the stalls and chicken coop but I had time to get some 'fun' work accomplished.



We had this old stump in one of the flower beds. I'm not sure what happened to the tree, but the stump has been sitting there awhile.  I planted some irises (which are not blooming yet) and herbs around the stump. Since it seems like it's going to be a permanent fixture there, I thought I'd at least craft it up a bit.



I took my trusty hand sander and sanded the piss out of the stump. And then I took my trusty wood-burning tool and carved our last name in it. 2002 was the year we were married not the year we moved to our little farm, but I thought I'd carve the year this family began. 



This isn't exactly what I envisioned in my head, but using that wood tool was not easy. It took FOREVER too. So this is what we have. The end.



We also have an outdoor table that was tossed about in a huge storm that came through two years ago. The table itself was fine, but the tabletop, which was glass, shattered. So Micah built this sturdier top of old barn wood. Which I LOVE. I love that it looks old and country and it fits in perfect around here.  It has been sitting like this for awhile now and I knew I wanted to paint something on it, but I wasn't sure what.

Well when in doubt, paint a star.  I have a little infatuation with stars. I used outdoor paint in crimson red and then tomorrow after it's dry I'll give it a few coats of polyurethane. And there you go. Two quick, relatively simple outdoor projects.



Stay crafty!

~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. Simple yet it feels good to get those little things done. I like both projects.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?