Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thankful Tuesday

Warm weather. Enough said.

I'm thankful my son had soccer practice tonight. Finally. They kept having to cancel practice due to weather conditions so he was thrilled when I told him it was on tonight!

I was thankful too since I got my walking on tonight with a friend. We are going to walk our behinds into shape! Errr, or something like that.


I'm thankful that our spring chicks will be here in less than a week! I have missed having little babies on the farm. I might be singing that same tune when I am continually having to clean up after said babies...



I'm thankful for blooming hyacinths. They are beautiful to look at and smell incredible. I've been more into flowers lately now that we will be bringing bees home soon and hyacinths are a flower that bees like to work. We also have roses and I planted echinacea last year (for medicinal purposes as well) which bees like also.  I found this site with more ideas for attracting bees, and I hope yo incorporate more of these plants over the next few months to help our new friends.

Micah scouted the perfect spot this weekend of where we will set our hive. And when I say we, I mean him. Those things are heavy! Anyway, there are so many guidelines, they need a little sun, but too much, a little shade, but not too much, not too much wind.... I hope we place them correctly so that they are able to thrive!

Photo by Magi Van Eps

And then maybe this will be us?

I am becoming more and more thankful for flowers. God made a beautiful thing when he created flowers. Well, nature in general is pretty amazing and beautiful, but that's a whole other post. :)

I hope you are having a great day as well and are thankful for much!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?