Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thankful Tuesday, Errr, Wednesday...

I'm thankful for a quiet evening at home with my little family.

It has been muggy and wet and overcast today (but not at all hot), so it was the perfect evening to spend out in the garden. Our cat Norman followed me out there while I was working. I think he was hoping I'd happen upon a field mouse.



I'm thankful that a few things I planted from seed are coming up. And I'm thankful that in a few days we should have lots of strawberries to harvest.



I'm thankful my kids are grasping (and loving) this organic, chemical free lifestyle. They happily snacked on organic lollipops tonight. They taste amazing by the way, so it's no surprise the kids loved them.

I'm thankful for the health food store I found that carries said organic lollipops. They aren't exactly cheap, BUT I think I have read too much about the food industry to ever go back to the way we use to eat. It is a more expensive lifestyle now, but it is my prayer that all our efforts now will pay off health-wise in the future.


In keeping with our non-processed food goal, I have been having a hard time adding variety to my kids lunches each day, but I happened upon a recipe that I thought the kiddies might enjoy. And so tonight after working in the garden and bathing everyone afterward, we made chocolate chip-zucchini cookies. I changed the recipe to make it a bit healthier. Here's what we made!

Chocolate Chip-Zucchini Cookies

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
2 sticks of butter (room temperature)
3 farm fresh eggs
1 tbsp local honey
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup of chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Sift the first four ingredients in medium size bowl. In another bowl mix the next six ingredients until blended. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture slowly. With a spoon add in and mix the chocolate and zucchini. Drop the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-9 minutes. And then enjoy!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?