Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thankful Tuesday (Spinach and Sour Cream Quiche)

Today I am thankful for the rain.

I am thankful they are having VBS again this week at a nearby church. It was nice to have something planned for the kids today since going swimming at the lake was not happening with the rain.



I'm thankful my oldest son is enjoying soccer camp this week.



I'm thankful for Hillsong United. Have you heard their music? You should.

I'm thankful for chocolate chip cookies. I made a batch tonight while my son was at camp. Holy crap they're good.

And no I don't really think crap can be holy.

I'm thankful my toe, and foot in general, are doing better today. It became a little infected over the weekend and was very painful but I have been keeping it clean and open and the infection is lessening. As well as my foul mood. And cursing.

It's funny how such a little tiny body part can cause so much pain. But maybe that's a metaphor for life or something. Or maybe it's just because smashing your toe with a chicken tractor hurts!

I'm thankful for tonight's dinner. I'd like to call it let's-use-up-what's-left-in-the-fridge but instead we'll call it a Spinach and Sour Cream Quiche. Most quiche recipes require only four eggs. Which is fine, but since we usually are plentiful in the egg department, I thought I'd make a recipe that calls for more eggs. I also thought I'd just throw together what I had on hand in my fridge and I had some sour cream that needed to get used, so in the quiche it went. So here goes, and let me say, this dinner was delish!

Spinach and Sour Cream Quiche

1 cup of cooked spinach (cooled)
8 eggs
1/2 cup of whole milk
1 cup of shredded cheese (and maybe a little more. One can never have enough cheese)
1/2 cup of sour cream
salt and pepper to taste



Cook your spinach and set aside to cool. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix the eggs, milk, sour cream and salt and pepper in a bowl and combine thoroughly. In a pie pan spoon your spinach on the bottom to form a 'crust'. Then add the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with your cheese and bake for about 35 minutes or until the eggs are set.

I don't cover my quiche with foil because I like the top layer a little crunchy, but you may want to cover your quiche for the first 25 minutes and then uncover for the last 10 minutes. It's just a personal preference, but either way your quiche will turn out wonderful.


I hope you had a great Tuesday too!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?