Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thankful Tuesday

I'm thankful for blueberries! My kiddies and I went and picked blueberries last summer and we are just now finished with them. I froze most of them and through the year we used them in smoothies, pancakes, and muffins. With the last remaining 10 cups I had left, I decided to do something a little different.

The left-over chunks


I made blueberry syrup for pancakes and waffles. It was fairly simple. I just boiled them down, mashed them with a potato masher, then strained out the chunks (which the hogs happily gobbled up).



Then I added sugar and lemon and let it boil for a while. I think we'll go through these pretty quick so I didn't give them a water bath and am just storing them in the fridge.

Aside from blueberries, I am thankful for my oldest son. He had his awards ceremony today at school, and yes we are STILL in session. I am just so proud of who he has turned out to be. He's such a joy, and I may have teared up a little today. Just a little.



I'm thankful that we only have three more days of school left! Like really thankful.

I'm thankful that I have an awesome huth-band who is very involved in our children's lives and was able to come to the award ceremony today too.

My daughter's ceremony is tomorrow and Micah will attend that as well. Which I am completely thankful for.

I'm thankful that 11 years ago this week I met Micah at a church in San Diego. I knew when he walked in the door that I had to talk to him. Once I spoke to him, I knew I would never be the same. It's been a crazy 11 years, but I can't imagine going through this life with anyone else.

I'm thankful my grandma left me with so many memories. :)

I hope you are having a great week too!

~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for the little and big things.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?