Monday, August 12, 2013

A Good Weekend

Despite the thunder storms and rainfall, it was a good weekend.

The kids and I made a few candles from a kit that my grandma had. My mom thought I'd enjoy the kit more so than her. And I did.

I also finished the canvas totes that my grandmother had begun to paint. I feel like she could have done a substantially better job. But she's not here to do so. So I had to step in.

Before...

After

Before...
After


Along with continuing to go through my sweet grandmother's things, my son also had his first football scrimmage. I'll admit, I was a little hesitant to allow him to play tackle this year. He played flag for three years which I was totally fine with but the thought of someone intentionally tackling my little boy makes my stomach turn.
 
 

But he wanted to and my husband assured me that he'd be fine.

And I was pleasantly surprised by how well my so faired on Saturday. He made a few tackles and played in the blazing heat for hours and had a grand ole time.

The start of football season means that summer is quickly coming to a close. We headed over to a friend's pool today and had a blast. I am not ready to say goodbye to that yet. At all.

I'm trying to cram a few more fun things into the kids summer before it comes to a close. And then I become a hot mess. :)

Anywho, I hope you had a great weekend and good Monday!

~ Sarah ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?