Sunday, August 18, 2013

The 2nd Anniversary

Well another year has come and gone.

And I must say I am feeling the love with all the phone calls, cards, texts and emails. My sweet friend Priscilla even brought me a gallon of sweet tea yesterday for my big 2-9. (Well the second anniversary of my 29th anyway). And my other sweet friend Hope took a child off my hands for the day and evening. We haven't been in this county long, but I am loving the friendships I am making.



My birthday started out with me waking up to my smoking hot huth-band (which is never  a bad thing). And it turned out to be much different than the way I spent my anniversary last year. We had to get up early and head out to my son's first away football game. My daughter cheers for his team and I was talked into coaching the team. Again. :)



And can I just say how stinking cute these girls are! Oh my goodness. I love the poses with the hands on the hips too!



We won the game so my berfday started out awesome. My little man still can't understand why he isn't playing tackle football with his brother. I'm not sure soccer is going to excite him when he starts next week, but that's what's available for three year olds.

And then do you know what I did after the game? I came home and took a nap. And it was everything I imagined it would be.

Everything.

Today after church my mom and stepdad took us to lunch, which was fun. After catching up with them we came home on this chilly, fall-like cloudy day and, well, we did what anyone would do on their birthday.

We butchered a few chickens.



Micah and I work as a team and the process always goes smooth and easy. The couple that kills together, stays together right? Right. Or something like that.






My oldest son came out to help. And my two younger ones stayed inside to watch a movie. I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to get a piece of this though!

I am thrilled to have chicken in the freezer again. I'll be honest, I was completely sick of venison.

We still have about 12 broilers left to put up, but they need to fill out a bit more. All in all it took us about an hour and fifteen minutes from start to finish, including heating up the water. Not bad for an evenings worth of work.

I'm thankful for another year, thankful for my family, thankful for the ability to raise happy, healthy, hormone-free chicken, and I'm thankful that Micah doesn't mind doing the dirty work.

Literally.

~ Sarah ~







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?