Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thankful

I'm thankful for such good people in my life! I had two great friends help me out this weekend and keep my oldest son and daughter so they wouldn't miss their football/cheer game so my huth-band and I could go see a college football game.



Despite the fact that our team, the University of Virginia, got stomped, we had a great time. We took our little man for a special treat and met up with my brother (he went to Oregon) and mom and stepdad. It was a good time, but next time I think we'll attend a game that we're SURE UVa can win. :)



I'm thankful for the impending fall season. I am highly looking forward to apple picking, Halloween, fall d├ęcor, big chunky sweaters, and the resurgence of boots. I love me some boots.

I'm thankful for the school system my children attend. I am just so thrilled with the staff and teachers and my kids come home each day with so much more knowledge than before. Somebody, somewhere is clearly doing something right! And I'll forever be thankful.

I'm thankful for brownies.

I'm thankful for crockpots. Whoever invented the slow cooker was a genius and really needs to win some sort of peace prize. If it weren't for the slow cooker, there would be no peace in our house. And no one would get fed. Ever.



I'm thankful for my chickens! They are pumping out the eggs, even in this uncharacteristic warm weather. I'd be lost without our organic, farm fresh eggs.

I'm thankful for this country life I've been so blessed with.

And lastly, I'm thankful for all those men and women who serve our country. On the 12th anniversary of 9/11 it's hard not to be full of gratitude towards those who fight to keep us safe.

Happy Wednesday to you. And don't ever forget.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?