Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall ramblings

It's technically Fall. But it sure doesn't feel like it. It was over 80 degrees here today! I'm not trying to complain, but I'm over sundresses and sandals, I'm ready for chunky sweaters and boots.



I have been fixated on crochet-ing these past few nights. I finished the cap for my daughter (and I clearly didn't add enough to the brim) and I have also begun a sweet pea scarf for a friend's upcoming birthday. There is just something so relaxing about a quiet house at night, crochet hook in hand and a hot cup of tea next to me.

The chickens are molting, which is normal in the Fall, but it means our egg supply has dwindled. And it makes me want to cry. And curse. But mostly cry.



The chickens, along with not laying, have also discovered an affinity for cat food. Yes cat food. I feed the cats up in the kids' tree house (so the dogs don't eat it) and a few of the chickens have decided to jump up there and join them.

Stranger things have happened though. I think.

Fall and the month of October also bring breast cancer awareness. And my children's school came together today to show their support and all dressed in pink! They donated money to help research this disease and they are able to wear pink shirts and jeans every Wednesday through the month of October. What a great group of people my children are surrounded by. :)



In the meantime I'm going to keep burning pumpkin scented candles and take my kiddies to pick apples this weekend. Let's hope that brings cooler sweater weather.

~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. Love your blogs, very new reader but I defintely look forward to them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?