Friday, October 18, 2013

Happiness Is A Trip To The Pumpkin Patch

A field trip with your kids will make everything better.

I'll be honest, I may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I stayed up entirely too late sewing a football jersey my husband needed today for one of the teams star players. So then I overslept, I made my coffee too strong, I couldn't find the shirt I wanted which led to me pulling out two drawers of Micah's clothes and throwing them on the floor (sorry about that dear) then I was late to school and my little guy was marked absent and I had to run in and ask them to change it and then I was following someone on the way to the pumpkin patch and we got lost and drove around for an extra twenty minutes, and I was a little stressed, and overtired, and in all kinds of a pissy mood.

But then we finally arrived to the pumpkin patch.

And I saw these smiling, happy faces.




And the fact that I was exhausted and the fact that I didn't like my morning coffee or the fact that I had to settle on a dark green shirt as a opposed to a black one or the fact that I had been running behind all morning.... well it didn't really matter anymore.

What mattered was that my morning was behind me and the rest of the day was in front of me.

And a good day we had.















Today was just what I needed.

And I'm glad I was able to get out of my morning funk and enjoy it. It was a little bitter sweet pulling into the drive and not seeing Lucky behind the fence waiting for us, but after talking with a friend (thanks Casey!) I feel a little better about the whole neighbor/horse situation.

My huth-band and oldest son are at a football game tonight so me and my two little ones are going to paint pumpkins, munch on apple butter and toast, watch a Halloween movie, and just genuinely enjoy the rest of the evening.

But first I'm going to go pick up all the clothes off the floor...

Happy Friday to you and may you not let the little stuff bother you.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?