Sunday, October 13, 2013

When It Rains

It's been raining incessantly out here. And you know what happens when it rains?

I accomplish much on the interior of my home. I didn't get the chicken coop cleaned out like I had planned, nor did I muck out the stalls. That will have to wait until next weekend. I think.

(And I must apologize for the photos on the blog tonight, I didn't realize what setting I had the camera on until after uploaded them.)





I didn't do much outside this weekend, but I did can some apple butter and make some apple sauce (in the back). The apple sauce will go straight into the dehydrator and will become fruit roll-ups for the kids' lunches.

I still have many apples to go, but I figure if I do a little each night, it won't be such a daunting task.



I finished my daughter's autumn sweater, and she insisted on wearing a tank top under it for the picture.  I think it'll look nice with a long black sleeve shirt under it, and I had a whole skein on yarn left over, so I made myself a shawl (it's just a big triangle).




I loved the shawl so much that I wore it today as a cowl when we went into town to see Disney On Ice (which was amazing by the way). My oldest son and hubby had a football game so they couldn't come, but my 18 year old nephew got sucked into coming. He was a good sport about it and even held my little guy for most of the show. :)The show ended earlier that I had thought so the two friends that I went with and I were able to catch our kids youth football game- in the pouring rain! We won, so it was well worth it, but I sure was happy to come home, warm up and dry off.




While dinner was in the oven tonight, I painted a small bowl. Not my best work, but it only took me ten minutes and I was able to finish up before dinner was ready to come out of the oven. That's my kind of project!

The Redskins are playing, I'm warm and dry now. I'm surrounded by my family, and I have another crochet project on my lap. I don't think it gets much better than this.



Happy Sunday to you!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?