Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The End Of A Season

October has flown by. It seems like just yesterday school started and now here we are and it's already November, oh my!




This past Saturday something monumental happened. Something decidedly huge. Football season ended for my son. Their tackle football team made it all the way to the Superbowl, but sadly, they lost and we took second place in our divison. Tears were shed by a few of the players, I won't lie, but I am so proud of my son and his team. Practice began back on July 24th, yes you read that correctly, July! It is a HUGE commitnment. Practicing several times a week, in the heat, in the rain, in the cold. All weekends are consumed. But my little man stuck it out. He never complained. He never cried. He gave it all and even though it's a long season, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

In between his practices and games we managed to carve a few pumpkins, Trick or Treat, play in the leaves, and hang out as a family.








During the many countless nights at the field, I managed to crochet my little heart out too. I have begun Christmas gifts so I won't show those items, but here's a few.



A crocheted wallet in the works...


After my son's final game this past Saturday we headed down to the beaches of North Carolina. We wanted to see Micah's parents and spend time with them. We drank hot chocolate, we colored, we went to the park, we ate good food, and we even had an ealy birthday celebration for my almost SEVEN year old. We're not sure when the good Lord will take Micah's dad home, but it was good to see him and the kids were sure to tell him that they love him.



It's good to be home though in our cozy little home. We plan on going down to see Micah's parents again at some point this month. But in the meantime, reality has set in. The coop needs cleaning, the chickens need butchering, the laundry has piled up, Micah has a tree stand calling his name, and I have a mile long list of gifts to make for the holiday.

It's the end of one season and the start of another. And whatever happens in the next few weeks, we are confident that the good Lord will be there through it all.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?