Saturday, November 23, 2013

This Week

This week was full of time with my kids.

That's her doing a roll on the beam


My daughter had her last gymnastics class (pardon the pictures they were taken with my less than stellar phone)...



...My kids had their football and cheer banquet (it was freezing!) to which I am so proud of them for. Please note my oldest son has decided that he wants to be like his father and FROWN in every single picture I take. Oiy.





My children's school hosted a theatre company that put on the Velveteen Rabbit and it was so stinking cute. I had a good time.



We were able to visit with my mom and stepdad, and in this photo, my oldest son has decided not to frown, but to hide.




On a nature walk, my kids saw a buck!

Noticeably absent in this week's events however was my dear husband. Well he's been a little tied up and preoccupied since June. Yes June. With football.

Don't get me wrong, I love football, I do. I love watching it, I love going to the games, I love everything about it. But at this point in time with all the Sunday coaches meetings and the late night practices, I'm over it. Selfishly I wanted them to lose their second playoff game this past Friday (I know that's horrible to say). But they didn't. They won. Which means canceled Thanksgiving plans for us this week so my hubby can be home to coach and practice and go over tapes. I'm happy that he's doing something he loves. I'm happy for the team and their accomplishments, but I really, really love my husband and I really, really miss Micah and want him back in the evenings and on the weekends.

So here we go into another week of football. I'm torn between wanting his team to succeed and wanting my husband home.

I think I'll go console myself with a shopping trip to the yarn store. :)

I hope you have a great week with your family and friends! Even if it does revolve around football.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?