Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lessons In The Kitchen

My mom is awesome and uber talented. She made a wreath last year for her home and I asked her to make me one this year for Christmas.



This is what she came up with. There was a red ribbon on it, but I actually love it without the ribbon. It smells amazing too. Thanks mom.

We had planned on butchering the rest of the broilers after church today. But we took a nap instead. It proved to be a much better idea.

So the roosters live for another few days. We are keeping one to stay with the laying hens. Not sure who yet, but someone will make the cut.

And since we didn't have to spend the afternoon outside butchering, it seemed like a perfectly good time to let my daughter cook dinner all by herself. She has baked with me numerous times before, but I have always made the dinners. I feel like it's time for the kids to start having a little more responsibility. My oldest son wants to learn how to make pancakes and waffles, so next weekend it'll be his turn.



Rhubarb showed us her mad skills while we cooked in the kitchen.

We have eggs/breakfast every Sunday night for dinner. It's tradition. So tonight she made a simple quiche for dinner all by herself. I stood in the kitchen to supervise, but I didn't do anything. I was so proud of her too. It tasted great, she cleaned up after herself and she's learning valuable life lessons.


After dinner, she dressed like Santa



I hope you had a great weekend too.

And tomorrow, a peek at the Katniss inspired cowls I made for my little chef and I!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?