Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow, Errr, Ice Day

First things first, I somehow managed to lose my old domain teufelhundenfarm.com. It's now a foreign show website, really? You'd think something like this could never happen to a girl who is married to a man with a computer engineering degree and with a brother who writes computer software. Oh, but it did.

My brother tried to get my old domain back, but to no avail. So now, we're at teufelhundenfarm.net. My brother was kind of enough to switch my domain host to his, one that he'll be sure will never expire without me being able to renew it. So if for some reason you try and click on an old link, that's why it won't work.

Moving on, we had an ice day yesterday! We were hoping for some snow, but it just never came. This is all that piled up on the ole truck.



The kids happily stamped by the fire. We stayed in our pajamas all day. And I may or may not have even showered! (It was awesome). And then the kids built their gingerbread house. Which by the way, mysteriously lost all its candy today. No one knows where it went. Weird.




Our tree, after only being up for a week, already has a strand of lights out (at the bottom) and you know, what, I'm not even going to worry about it. I feel like my OCD tendencies are lessening. Or laziness has set in. Either or.



I managed to finish three more crocheted gifts yesterday. Only 14 more to go and I am not stressed at all. I am actually really enjoying making gifts for family and friends. I love the idea of handmade gifts so much more so than a generic store bought one.

Micah was looking through old letters tonight, trying to find one from his dad when he was in Iraq. We found one and it was really sweet. I never noticed it before but his dad use to write in all caps. He talked mostly of sports in the letter and even though he never came out and said it, it was undeniable how much he missed Micah and how much he loved him.

Micah also found this picture of him and his dad in front of a pile of wood the two of them had chopped. I love the way his dad is looking at him and I see so much of my oldest son in Micah in this picture. It was strange making out the Christmas card this year to only Micah's mom and not making one out to my grandma at all.



But I know they are both whole and happy looking down on all of us from heaven.

I hope you had a wonderful ice/snow day too with your family. And I hope you're letting all your loved ones how much you love them.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?