Saturday, December 7, 2013

This Week

It's been a long week.

In the midst of this long week, I managed to knock a few gifts off  my list.



Everyone is getting a cowl for Christmas. Act surprised.

My husband and better half left Monday afternoon to head down to the beach to be with his mom and brothers during this difficult time. The kids and I had intended to go, but mother nature had other plans. The bridge to get to their island was shut down due to erosion so the only way on or off the island is a ferry, which would have added 6 hours to our trip. I opted not to go by myself with three kids.

I am sorry I missed my father in law's service, I wish I could have been there, but it worked out for the best, as I ended up having to go to the doctor for strep throat. Yuck.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and it's true. I really missed Micah. And I am entirely too excited that he's home now. And it may or may not have anything to do with the fact that feeding the animals in the bitter cold and stacking wood is not my cup of tea.

My heart breaks for my mother in law though. I missed my husband after being away from him for a week, I can only imagine the road that lies ahead of her. Keep her in your prayers as she moves forward with the loss of her husband.

Sadly Micah missed the semi final game for his team today. They lost 27-0, but I think our whole community is proud of them regardless. Making it this far was a huge accomplishment.

And because our boys are wonderful young men, they made time Friday before their big game to stop by the schools in our county and read to the kids. Ahhhh.

Photo by Kim Murphy

Photo by Kim Murphy


I love this town. I love the people here who have stopped by, sent gifts, brought dinner, and gave kind words of encouragement to Micah during this difficult time.

I love my husband. I love my family. I love this time of year. I wish my father in law were still here, but I know it's all going to be okay. The good Lord is going to see to that.


~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?