Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Snow Day or Two (or Three)

Monday was a holiday in rememberance of Martin Luther King. Tuesday there was a threat of a large snow storm that was suppose to hit early in the morning. So school was cancelled. We waited. And we waited. And we waited but there was no snow. My husband thought it would be fun to have a big bonfire while we waited for the supposed snow storm so we headed out in the chilly weather around 2:30 in the afternoon. By 3:30, after we had burned all the tree limbs that were pruned, the snow started coming down steadily. We headed inside to watch it fall and enjoy some hot broccoli cheese soup.

We didn't get nearly as much snow as was forecasted, but hey, beggars can't be choosy right? Right.

So first thing Wednesday morning after I scrambled some eggs (that by the way my chickens laid finally after molting and too cold of weather!) we headed out in the single digit temps to play in the snow.

And it was glorious.

And because our county is extra precautionary, school was closed again today.


Chicken tracks :)









I made Valentine inspired leg warmers for my little girl and I and another camo hat for my big guy who outgrew the previous one I had made for him.



I'll admit we have gone a little stir crazy these past few days. There are only so many books you can read and games of Uno you can play. But for the most part it has been kind of nice lounging around with no schedule whatsoever with my babies.

My oldest turns nine on Saturday and we have fun things planned for him this weekend. I've had a blast with my babies this week, but, and I can't believe I am saying this, I think I might be looking forward to school resuming next Monday. :)

I hope you are staying warm wherever you are.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?