Sunday, January 5, 2014

Good News, Bad News

The bad news: My kids have to go back to school tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love their school, I love their teachers, and they love school, but it's been a wonderful few weeks at home with everyone as a family. And I'm just not ready for it to be over. Tomorrow morning is going to be tough getting back into the swing of things, but I guess that's the way it goes.

The bad news: Our bees didn't make it. Micah went to check on them not too long ago (having a bad feeling about the hive) and sure enough, two mice had gotten in and made their home there eating all the honey, therefore starving the bees. They all laid dead in the bottom of their hive. It was a really sad sight to see, and I feel horrible about it. We're not sure how the mice got in, but somehow they did.

No honey for us this year.

The good news: I finished a funky cowl for myself (bad lighting taken by my tall husband who cropped my head off) and I made a little throw pillow for my oldest son. I had some extra camo yarn and it was pouring down rain today, and I thought, why
not.






So I did. Again, sorry about the poor lighting.




The good news: We finally processed the rest of the chickens. We were delayed slightly after Micah's sliced his hand open before Christmas, but we were able to finish the task this weekend. I had my hands knee deep in chicken guts, so my 7 year old daughter was in charge of the camera

I love the story she tells through her pictures.




That is a random deer bone in my sons hand by the way.







It was a productive winter break, but it's back to reality tomorrow. I hope you're doing well wherever you are.

~ Sarah ~

2 comments:

  1. It's a rough time of year to try and process chickens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your assistant working the camera! She's as beautiful and smart as her Mom! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?