Saturday, February 22, 2014

Shop Update {Crochet Earrings}

Well today was fun. But yesterday, eh, not so much.

Today was my son's last basketball game. It's a little bittersweet. I love watching him play but I am looking forward to being able to lounge around longer on Saturday mornings now. Then my son went with his friend for a night out at a truck show while Micah and I took the younger two to a college basketball game. I never thought I was a basketball fan, but since my son started playing, I totally get into it now. Like I'm that crazy mom screaming on the bleachers. Yah. It was a fun afternoon and I think we might even try and go to another game next weekend as well.

Yesterday, however, was not as enjoyable. It was all fine and dandy and then around dinner time, this horrible smell started wafting through the house.

A disgusting smell.

A skunk smell.

There was one lingering around. Apparently. For several hours we heard strange noises coming from outside from our dog Duke and the smelly critter. Micah wasn't home at the time and I was afraid to open the back door in fear of the smell coming in even more so or a rabid skunk possibly biting me.Why else would he/she be hanging around our Rottweiler?

I did at one point open the back door and was going to attempt to shoot the animal, you know, since I'm a rabid animal hunter and all, but I was afraid I'd hit Duke while they were fussing about. So I closed the door, and let them be. And plugged my nose.

Well we woke up this morning to a dead skunk by the back door. We're not sure what happened. But Duke got the best of him I suppose. Micah burned the body to be safe in case he/she was in fact rabid and we'll take Duke for a booster rabies shot this week, also to be safe.

Not exactly how I planned on spending my Friday, but hey, such is life in the country.

I did finish up three sets of crochet earrings. I chose bright Spring colors and I am thrilled with how they turned out. They are listed in my Etsy shop, so go have a look!



That's it for now. I hope you're having a great weekend. One that doesn't inolve skunks.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?