Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Seeing Green And A Lonely Piggie

I survived a third snow day in a row with my kids. :)

This afternoon we stopped and got hot chocolate and then hit up the library and all three of my kiddos are now happily engrossed in books. It's awesome. Micah is cutting up two hogs he killed this weekend as we speak. Which is also awesome. I need to render more lard for my soap and I have been itching for some pork chops.




Which leaves one little lonley piggie.

In speaking of pigs, St. Patick's day is creeping up.

Actually that has nothing to do with pigs. But you know, that's where this post is going so....

Anywho, I made a pair of shamrock green crochet earrings and I can't decide if I should list them on my Etsy shop or keep them. Decisions, decisions.



I am listing this cute little shamrock green cowl. It's ready to ship so you can have it in time to wear on March 17th!





I didn't do much to my dining room table this year for St. Patty's Day. Just pulled out a painted sign and tied a few shamrock ribbons on my house plants.



And you see that back wall there in the dining room? Yes that one. Well it's getting  a makeover. I'm thinking navy blue with new curtains.

 
 
 
Or maybe shamrock green. Who knows. St. Patty's Day makes me think of and miss my Irish grandmother. But I know she's in a better place, so I won't feel sorry for myself. Anywho, I hope you had a great day too, whatever it involved. Green or not.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?