Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Snow Day #14 (Crochet Curtains)

We are home again today from school. Honestly, it's okay though. We have all been pretty congested and I think we all need another (or two) to recover.

I'm just going to keep telling myself that. :)

We had a magical time this weekend with friends at a birthday party, you know, when it was 70 degrees and the kids were running around barefoot in short sleeves. It's hard to believe that was just a few days ago! Anyway, I am thankful to have met so many wonderful people here in this little town and hanging out with Hope and Renee this weekend reminded me of that.

And I must apologize for the poor photos in this blog. I left my camera at school and am forced to use my camera on my phone. Which clearly I don't know how to.



But for snow day #13 and #14, I made new curtains for my living room. We had these long beige ones in there, which were fine except when the kids would play like they were super-heros or the dukes of hazard, they would jump off the couch and usually pull the curtains with them. Bending the rod.

You can kind of see it in this picture.

Anyway, I knew the long curtains had to go. So I made two valances in a burgundy yarn using the biggest hook I had and a V-stitch. I love how they turned out.







And even though you really can't tell in these horrible photos, it looks infintely better.

And because I have been at home for two days not wanting to venture out on these slick roads, I also painted a wall. Well a part of a wall.

I had mentioned in a previous post that I was going to paint an accent wall in my dining room, but then the more I thought about it, I just didn't think it would work. So we have this little bump-out where the previous owner covered up a chimney. It seemed like the perfect spot to paint to give the dining room the little color it needed without giving it too much.




And I'm digging it.

So in short, I feel like I accomplished a little bit on this snow day. I had all these plans to make green cookies for my kids and an Irish Stew for dinner. But for most of the day yesterday I was just really sad. Maybe even a little depressed. St. Patrick's Day makes me think of my grandmother. And thinking of my grandmother and how she isn't here anymore makes me sick to my stomach. So in the end, I didn't make a big deal about what day it was. We didn't even read any stories about St. Patrick's Day last night when I was tucking my kids in. It was just another day. And so is today.

Fingers crossed we have a full day of school tomorrow. My kids miss their teachers and miss learning and I need to get out of this house so I can stop feeling sorry for myself that my grandma is gone and remember to cherish the people who are still in my life.

On that note,  I hope you're enjoying your day wherever you are too.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?