Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mini Living Room Re-Do

Well..... I was so completely and utterly excited about this project that I failed to take a before picture.

Oops.

But in our living room we have this wall that houses the TV and a book shelf, which I love, but when we sat down to watch TV we also had to stare at this said book shelf. I tried to keep it tidy and clean but you know how book shelves go. It was usually disorderly and chaotic. I even sewed a small curtain to cover a portion of it, but it just didn't look right.

I decided I couldn't sit and stare at the open book shelf any longer so I put some books in storage that didn't necessarily need to be out, purchased a smaller bookcase that would fit at the top of our stairs and moved things around a bit.






And I love it. It's not often that we aren't running around with various activities and get to sit on the couch, but when we do now, it'll be so much more enjoyable.

And while I was moving and re-decorating the living room, I crocheted a navy cover to a glider that was recently given to me by a friend (thanks Ashley!). Because you know me, if I can crochet it or paint it.... I will.




With the navy yarn still out I made a quick chair cover for a particular chair that a particular cat had decided to destroy.




These chairs have been in Micah's family for a long time so I really want to stop the damage before Parsnip the kitty destroys it. I'm hoping THIS will deter her. Oddly enough, she decided to jump in on my picture. Darn cat.

That's all for now. I hope you're having a great summer too!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?