Sunday, August 24, 2014

Crochet Boho Vest

I hope you have been having an awesome summer. We sure have! Our camping plans this weekend were postponed due to the wet, rainy conditions, so I opted to make a crochet vest instead. We'll try again in a few weeks. Instead we went on a 4 mile hike yesterday and once we got home the kids were beat. It may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that they kept running on ahead of me and then running back to me. So they probably ended up hiking 8 miles. :)

Once we ran a few errands then came back home, they were done which allowed me a little time to crochet while they watched a documentary on wild cats. Fall will be here before we know it so I am filling up my yarn stash and planning on all the fall and winter items we'll need. I found this creamy white yarn on sale and thought I'd use it for my little girl.



I didn't have a pattern so I crocheted various pieces in different stitches and then just sewed them all up. I was going for a funky, boho look. And I love it.





After church today my sweet friend came over to take a family photo of us (thanks Denise!). I wanted one before Micah grows out his winter beard. He hunts for a good portion of our meat, other than the hogs and chickens we butcher, so he spends a lot of time out in chilly weather. I'm not a fan of facial hair, but I am a fan of a freezer full of meat so...

Anywho, family photos are a challenge with kids. And a Marine who isn't a fan of smiling or being happy in general. But it was a fun day spent with my sweet family. Hopefully there's one in there worthy of the coveted Christmas card spot.

Happy Sunday to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?