Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Simple Weekend

And the birthday festivities continue! Yesterday after three soccer games and a hot 4 hours out on the field, we headed to lunch with my mom and stepdad and had another mini celebration for my little guy.

Continuing with the theme I mentioned in my last post, they bought him a teepee.

And he's in teepee heaven over here.



Micah promptly put it up and the kids promptly decided to sleep in it. This morning when I went to wake them for church, their limbs were interlocked and they looked horribly disheveled and slightly uncomfortable, but they were happy. Happy kids enjoying the simple things in life. It was an adventure to 'camp out' on the floor in the teepee. They brought books and blankets in there and told each other stories. I heard little feet prancing about well past their bedtime last night, but life is short and sometimes breaking the bed time rule is necessary for some good sibling bonding. And I am trying to say 'yes' to them more. Like when my daughter asked if she could put pajamas on at noon when we got home from church. My instinct was 'no' but I said yes. Because why not.



I may or may not have even gone in there for a bit.

Today after church they insisted on eating lunch in there and then my kids practiced soccer with each other barefoot and giggling in the back. I watched with a happy heart as they laughed and tackled each other and tried to score.





It's a good life I tell you. A quiet, simple, my-cup-is-overflowing- kind of life.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

And while I watched my kiddies play I fixed a doll for one of my son's teachers from last year. She has had this crochet doll for 30 plus years and it was in need of a little TLC. I replaced both legs and stitched the arms on tight, and replaced and eye and some hair. I tried to keep it feeling loved and worn, and I must admit, this was a really fun project.






I hope you're weekend was as perfect as ours.

Happy Sunday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?