Monday, September 1, 2014

The First Day of School and Someone is FIVE!

Well  last week our summer came to a close. It's always hard to get back into the school schedule every year, but I do welcome a routine once we get the hang of it. This year we have a 4th grader, a 2nd grader, and a Kindergartner! Someone please make my kids stop growing up so fast...



I am looking forward to this year though. I adore all of my children's teachers and they are all so eager to learn.

After only three days of school (we started on a Wednesday) we had a three day weekend. And Micah, who coaches football, has a bye week which meant no coaches meeting on Sunday which meant that we could do an early birthday celebration for a certain almost five year old. His birthday technically isn't until Wednesday, but hey, who's counting. Micah and I and will bring cupcakes and have lunch with him at school on his actual birthday, but we wanted to do something fun this weekend. We gave him lots of options of what we could do and he chose to go to Amazement Square.

And I was thrilled with his choice! It was so much fun. We have been watching old 'Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman' shows and my little guy's favorite character is 'Sully'. He is white but was raised with American Indians. Anyway, since he has such an affinity for his character and his dress, we purchased his gifts around that and I even crocheted him a headdress. Sadly his biggest and best gift hasn't arrived yet, but fingers crossed it will be here by his actual birthday. And there was this whole American Indian display at Amazement Square that my little guy was thrilled with.




Nice photo bomb Micah






Our reflection on the observation deck.



All in all it was such a great day. Of course no birthday is a birthday without ice cream so a trip to Cold Stone was in order.



Today we celebrated with friends at the lake and my kids are worn out. Four hours of swimming will do that. I even had time to crochet a vest for my little girl while she rested.

It was the perfect weekend with my little family. I feel so incredibly blessed and I look forward to many more birthdays and first day of schools with my crew.

Happy Monday to you!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?