Sunday, February 1, 2015

Remembering The Good Ones

I know, I know it's Super Bowl Sunday. My husband has already built a fire and claimed his spot on the couch for the rest of the day. And I love football, I do, but I'm much more interested in crochet today. Well today and every other day, let's be honest. I have a few orders I am finishing up and I have listed a few new items on my Etsy shop and then hopefully tonight after the kiddies are read to and tucked in, I hope to have time to selfishly crochet.


And I must tell you, I found this vest at the thrift store and while my husband thinks the color looks like puke, I love it. And the fact that it's 100% wool makes me love it even more.





I also worked up another shawl last night from some of the shepherd's wool my hubby so kindly picked up for me. It's amazing and I kind of don't ever want to use anything else.







And you know you have lived in the country entirely too long when you find yourself making camo things for your child. Oh. My. Goodness.



Then I hope to pick up the ole paint brush again today. I haven't done much painting (other than the kitchen) since my Grandmother's passing. I have fond memories of sitting at the kitchen table with her as a kid drawing and painting and laughing. I remember as a child I could never sleep and I'd crawl into bed with her and ask her to wake up and draw me a ballerina. And she always did. And I guess as of late, I hadn't want to paint because it just made me think of her. It's been almost two years since she went to be with the Lord but sometimes for a split second I go to my phone and try and call her and then it hits me. She's gone.


I have been working on teaching my daughter to crochet just like my Grandma and mom taught me. And even that kind of stings a little bit, like my Grandma should be here for this. She should be around to see her granddaughter working with yarn. She should be around to witness what she's learned and how she's grown.


While it hurts to remember her, I don't want to forget her either. So tonight while the hubby and my oldest crowd around the living room and watch the big game, I'll take my younger two and we'll spread out all of our painting supplies and we'll paint. We'll talk about her and tell of how she always made us laugh and always had a song to sing, of how she loved the Lord and how she loved to cook. We'll honor her and on February 10th, her birthday, we'll bake a cake and eat it and she'll smile down on us from Heaven, and I won't cry because she's gone. Because I know she's in a better place.

Which is just a painful reminder (again) of short and brief this life is. I am continually trying to enjoy all the little moments and be here and present and in the now. So I'll bid the Internet farewell for now.

Happy Sunday to you.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?